EDUCATION AND STUDENT SERVICES
Terms of Reference
- To formulate, review and recommend training, education and development policies and programmes related to the professional study of students for adoption by Council.
- To participate in the development and review of a uniform programme of studies for students, in conjunction with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of the Caribbean, leading to a regional examination and academic qualification scheme for certification as a Chartered Accountant.
- To create and maintain an adequate mentorship programme for accounting students.
- To foster, maintain and develop ICAB’s relationship with schools, universities and colleges, and Government.
- To liaise with international professional bodies offering programmes of study and qualification in Barbados, with particular emphasis on:
- ensuring that the entry level qualifications for all students meet the general academic standards;
- participating, as far as is practicable, in the monitoring of training programmes and evaluating performance.
- To promote social and networking activities for students.